Our Mission:The mission of the ACCM Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to develop and nurture a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture for all members in the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (ACCM) at all campuses of the Johns Hopkins Health System. We aim to achieve this mission with the guidance of the Department Director and the ACCM Executive Committee. Additionally, we will work with the Office of Diversity, Health Equity and Inclusion to create educational activities, and engage in training.
Johns Hopkins Multicultural CalendarThe Johns Hopkins Medicine Multicultural Calendar notes the holidays and observances celebrated by our rich community of races, ethnicities and faiths: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/diversity/resources/cultural-materials/calendar.html
- Community Outreach: Identify community activities or initiate community engagement strategies that promote diversity, and inclusiveness.
- Recruitment and Retention: Work to develop strategies to ensure diversity in the recruitment and hiring in all areas of ACCM.
- Promotion: Work to develop strategies that help faculty and staff attain promotions.
- Education: Develop educational initiatives that celebrate cultural diversity and increase religious, cultural and gender competency.
- Patient Advocacy: Identify health and health care disparities that may impact a patient’s health, morbidity and mortality.