Research State of the Department takes place 9/15.
Watch “Subcellular Energetics: Potential Monitoring and Treatment Strategies” with Robert H Thiele, MD from our Virtual Grand Rounds on September 1st., 2022.
- Understand the function of HIF-1 in embryogenesis and organ protection, and how they are related
- Learn how near infrared spectroscopy can provide information on the oxidation state of cytochrome aa3 in real-time
- Interpret recent data on volatile anesthetic agent preconditioning
Grand Rounds take place Thursdays at 7 AM. Please check your ACCM email for Zoom link and password to watch live.
Robert H. Thiele, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Biomedical Engineering
University of Virginia
Upcoming Grand Rounds
- 9/22//2022: Visiting Professor Michael Lipnick
- 9/29//2022: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 10/6//2022: TBA
- 10/13//2022: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 10/20//2022: Research State of the Department – Sujatha Kannan
- 10/27//2022: Combined Grand Rounds – Periop
- 11/3//2022: TBA
- 11/10//2022: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 11/17//2022: TBA
- 11/24//2022: HOLIDAY BREAK
Previous Grand Rounds
Watch “Surgeons and Stick Figures: Medical Humanities in Perioperative Medicine” with Dr. Samuel Rodriguez from Stanford University from our Virtual Grand Rounds on August 4th, 2022.
Watch previous Grand Rounds here.