Watch “Firearm Injury, Prevention, and Policy: What clinicians need to know” with Katherine Hoops, MD, MPH from Virtual Grand Rounds on Thursday, May 19th, 2022.
- Describe the epidemiology of firearm morbidity and mortality in the U.S.
- Recognize common risk factors that elevate the potential for firearm injury
- Describe evidence-based policies for gun violence and injury prevention
- Identify barriers to communicating with patients about firearm safety and strategies to overcome those barriers
- Briefly describe medical-legal partnerships as a means of addressing patients’ health harming legal needs
Virtual Grand Rounds take place Thursdays at 7 AM. Please check your ACCM email for Zoom link and password to watch live.
Upcoming Grand Rounds
- 5/26//2022: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 6/2//2022: TBA
- 6/9//2022: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 6/16//2022: Visiting Professor John Dicapua
- 6/23//2022: Beattie Lectureship
- 6/30//2022: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 7/7//2022: “State of the Department” – Adam Sapirstein, MD, Interim Director, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- 7/14//2022: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 7/21//2022: Visiting Professor Samuel Rodriguez
- 7/28//2022: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
Previous Grand Rounds
Watch previous Grand Rounds here.