Gregory M.T. Hare, MD, PhD will be our speaker at the next Grand Rounds on March 9, 2017. His Lecture Title is “Understanding the Mechanisms of Organ Injury and Mortality in Acute Anemia: Can Experimental Models Inform Clinical Practice?”
- To appreciate the association between anemia and adverse clinical outcomes in perioperative patients.
- To understand how experimental models can help to characterize the adaptive cardiovascular and cellular responses to anemia and inform the development of novel treatment strategies for anemic patients.
- To recognize opportunities to preform adequately powered clinical trials with the goal of improving clinical outcomes in anemic patients.
Grand Rounds take place Thursdays at 7 AM in Hurd Hall.
Upcoming Grand Rounds:
- 3/16/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 3/23/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 3/30/2017: ACCM/Surgery Joint Grand Rounds
- 4/6/2017: Brad Winters, MD – QI/QA Project Presentations
- 4/13/2017: Vitaly Herasevich, MD
- 4/20/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 4/27/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 5/4/2017: Richard Hotchkiss, MD
- 5/11/2017: Benson Endowed Lecture: Cognitive Behavior & Non Interventional Therapies For Pain – Judy Turner, MD
- 5/18/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 5/25/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting