Michael G. Fitzsimons, MD, FCCP will be our speaker at the next Grand Rounds on June 8, 2017. His Lecture title is “Impaired Providers – Now it is a Patient Safety Issue: What Works and What Does Not”.
- Introduce the incidence of substance use disorders (SUD) among anesthetists and other healthcare providers.
- Discuss the impact of substance abuse on individuals, family, and society.
- Discuss the literature on efforts to reduce substance abuse including surveillance, control, and education.
Grand Rounds take place Thursdays at 7 AM in Hurd Hall. Watch the webcast:
Upcoming Grand Rounds:
- 6/15/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 6/22/2017: Jeffrey Iliff, PhD
- 6/29/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 7/6/2017: State of the Department – Colleen Koch, MD, MS, MBA, FACC
- 7/13/2017: Liselotte Dyrbye, MD
- 7/20/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 7/27/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting