Watch the archived webcast “Strengthening Culture in Perioperative Services: Inquiry versus Advocacy” from this week’s Combined Multidisciplinary Grand Rounds .
Laurie Saletnik, DNP, RN, CNOR, Senior Director of Nursing, Perioperative Services, The Johns Hopkins Hospital presented.
- Identify that there are multiple, different ways of seeing an organizational issue.
- Describe an organizational issue through several different "lenses", including individual, organizational/strategic, interpersonal/political, and cultural lenses.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of viewing an organizational issue through one particular lens or another.
- Discuss strategies for incorporating different lenses to improve decision-making in organizations.
Upcoming Grand Rounds:
- 4/6/2017: Brad Winters, MD – QI/QA Project Presentations
- 4/13/2017: Vitaly Herasevich, MD
- 4/20/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 4/27/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting
- 5/4/2017: Richard Hotchkiss, MD
- 5/11/2017: Benson Endowed Lecture: Cognitive Behavior & Non Interventional Therapies For Pain – Judy Turner, MD
- 5/18/2017: Patient-Based Learning Discussion
- 5/25/2017: Quality Assurance Committee Meeting